Lake Placid Village, Inc.
Beginning next week, hydrant flushing will take place in the following areas:
5/4 - 5/8
Mirror Lake Drive
Victor Herbert Road
Signal Hill Area
5/11 - 5/15
5/18 - 5/22
Mill Pond Drive
McKinley Street area
5/25 - 5/29
Old Military Road
Sentinal Heights Area
You may experience some cloudiness to your water if a hydrant is being flushed. Just run the water a little longer and it should be clear. We recommend against doing laundry (whites/lights) while flushing is going on in your area. If you experience any problems, please call the Village office. Thank you.
For regular updates on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) as it pertains to Lake Placid, please follow the ROOST page as indicated below.
Other sites to follow are:
Essex County Public Health at https://www.facebook.com/EssexCountyPublicHealth/
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Please read/abide by the following directives from Governor Cuomo:
1. Effective at 8PM on Sunday, March 22, all non-essential businesses statewide will be closed;
2. Non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason (e.g. parties, celebrations or other social events) are canceled or postponed at this time;
3. Any concentration of individuals outside their home must be limted to workers providing essential services and social distancing should be practiced;
4. When in pubic individuals must practice social distancing of at least six feet from others;
5. Businesses and entities that provide other essential services must implement rules that help facilitate social distancing of at least six feet.
6. Individuals should limit outdoor recreational activities to non-contact and avoid activities where they come in close contact with other people;
7. Individuals should limit use of pubic transportation to when absolutely necessary and should limit potential exposure by spacing out at least six feet from other riders;
8. Sick individuals should not leave their home unless to receive medical care and only after a telehealth visit to determine if leaving the home is in the best interst of their health;
9. Young people should also practice social distancing and avoid contact with vulnerable populations; and
10. Use precautionary sanitizer practices such as using isopropyl alcohol wipes.
Welcome to the Village of Lake Placid official website. The Village of Lake Placid was incorporated in 1900 and is located in the Town of North Elba in the Adirondack Mountains in the northwestern corner of Essex County, New York. The Village is internationally known having proudly hosted the Winter Olympics twice in 1932 and 1980 and is the site of the "Miracle on Ice" when the USA men's hockey team defeated the heavily favored USSR team to go on and win the Gold Medal in the '80 Olympics. Lake Placid is also home to one of only three year-round United States Olympic Training Centers and periodically hosts world-class competitions in downhill and Nordic skiing, biathlon, ski jumping, luge, bobsledding, skeleton, speed skating and figure skating.
In a setting offering incredible views of the Adirondack Mountains including New York State's highest peak at Mt. Marcy, Lake Placid provides a plethora of outdoor activities from downhill skiing on Whiteface, the Olympic Mountain, to cross-country skiing, year-round hiking, fishing, ice-climbing, cycling, kayaking, canoeing, swimming, and snowmobiling. The Village of Lake Placid annually host the Empire State Winter Games in February, the Lake Placid and I Love New York Horseshows in late June, and the Lake Placid Ironman in July.
In addition, the Village of Lake Placid offers outstanding dining experiences at its many restaurants, hotels and resorts, unique shopping experiences along its picturesque Main Street and many cultural activities. The Lake Placid Center for the Arts offers year-round music, dance, theatre, film and family programs. The Lake Placid Sinfonietta is a summer chamber orchestra whose musicians come from larger orchestras and university faculties throughout the country. For six weeks in the summer the Sinfonietta offers weekly classical performances at the Center for the Arts on Sunday evenings, in Mid's Park on Main Street on Wednesday evenings, and at various locations in the Adirondacks. The Lake Placid Film Forum was co-founded in 2000 by author Russell Banks, former New York Daily News Critic Kathleen Carroll and artist Naj Wikoff and is an annual mid-June event which, like a film festival, exhibits a series of films and often features the filmmakers and cast members who attend the screenings. The Lake Placid Institute creates opportunities for learning, sharing, and enjoying the cultural life of the Adirondacks.
A small town with a big city feel, the Village of Lake Placid is a great place to raise a family. Both public and private schools offer a well-rounded education to our children at the Lake Placid Central School, North Country School, Northwood School and National Sports Academy. Excellent health care facilities are provided by Adirondack Health with 24-hour emergency services, outpatient services and primary and specialty care services.
The Village of Lake Placid maintains this website to provide village related news, meetings, documents and contact information to our residents and visitors alike.
The Village of Lake Placid is offering surplus pavers for sale to the public. Ledgetone permeable paving stones in the color Sahara Chestnut are available for $225 per pallet. Each pallet contains 92 square feet of materials. Pavers are available for viewing at the Village Highway Garage during normal business hours, 5648 Cascade Rd., Lake Placid, NY. Payment must be made by check or cash to the Village Clerk before receiving materials, 2693 Main Street, 2nd Floor, Lake Placid, NY. First come, first served. No holds. Please contact the Village Clerk with any questions, 518-523-2584.
Due to a lack of drivers, Placid Xpress SUNDAY Service is suspended effective immediately. Updates will be provided as available.
Lake Placid Village, Inc.
North Elba Town Hall
2693 Main Street
Lake Placid, NY 12946
Phone: (518) 523-2597
Fax: (518) 523-1321
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER:
Craig H. Randall, Mayor
Phone: (518) 523-2584
Fax: (518) 523-1321
Anita Anthony Estling, Village Clerk
Mindy Goddeau, Village Treasurer
Phone: 518-523-2597, Ext. 125